PRESS RELEASE: LEE MARMON GALLERY UNVEILS WEBSITE
Contact: Thomas Corbett, Publicist
Image Management Associates
(847) 398-9808 or (866) 310-8294
NATIVE AMERICAN ARTIST AND AUTHOR LEE MARMON UNVEILS GROUNDBREAKING NEW PROMOTIONAL WEBSITE.
RETAINS MIDWEST PUBLIC RELATIONS FIRM
GIVES NEW, GLOBAL VISIBILITY TO NATIVE AMERICAN CULTURE.
(New Albany, Ohio – January 17, 2005) – A cornerstone of Native American history and culture is getting a new burst of global visibility with the launch of an innovative new website celebrating the work of acclaimed Native American photographer and author Lee Marmon of New Mexico’s Laguna Pueblo.
Lee Marmon’s new website is now available for viewing at: http://www.leemarmongallery.com
The new website, which proudly carries the title, “Visions of My People,” is making its grand unveiling during the entire month of January. It is a professionally designed and visually captivating tribute to Mr. Marmon’s work and lifetime achievements.
“This website is truly something special,” a proud Mr. Marmon said from his home in Laguna, New Mexico. “It is unique in all respects. Not only does this new website respectfully and thoughtfully capture the spirit and essence of my work, but it does so in a way that is creative, innovative, and a joy to explore. It gives me great pleasure to know that this site will bring new awareness and visibility of our culture and craft to a worldwide audience.”
Marmon’s website incorporates some of the most progressive and forward-thinking capabilities of online digital media. Collectively, they give the spirit and meaning of Marmon’s images a new and compelling dimension.
Highlights of the new Marmon website include:
- A visually striking homepage, finished in southwestern-style earth tones, which features a carefully designed and emotionally moving Flash montage of Marmon’s most well-known photographic portraits.
- A comprehensive “About” page, which includes an introduction to Mr. Marmon, a timeline of his life, and an enchanting feature article about his fifty-year career as a photographer.
- An online showcase featuring nine of his best-known images, including his definitive 1954 portrait “White Man’s Moccasins,” and the 1985 color landscape image, “Engine Rock.”
- Hear the artist speak! With the push of a single button near select “Gallery” images, visitors can listen to unique audio clips of Mr. Marmon in his own voice and words, as he tells the story behind some of his most famous photographs.
An easy-to-navigate online gift shop, featuring unique and customized
gifts exclusively themed upon Mr. Marmon’s work and Native American
culture. Covering all price ranges, they include:
- Customized and signed Lee Marmon prints, framed and unframed
- A selection of stunning wall posters of acclaimed Marmon images
- His personally-narrated 1998 videotape, “The Lee Marmon Gallery”
- His 2003 book, “The Pueblo Imagination,” both a standard version personally signed by Mr. Marmon), and a premium version (Mr. Marmon’s signature with a personalized greeting).
The online gift shop is Paypal-enabled for simple and secure purchase. A toll-free customer service number gives shoppers the option of speaking with a live sales representative.
Lee Marmon was born on the Laguna reservation in New Mexico in 1925, and has lived there for most of his life. His collection of thousands of black and white images have become a national historical and cultural treasure, as they comprise a rare visual chronicle of the last generation of Native Americans to live by their traditional ways and values.
http://www.leemarmongallery.com is designed and hosted by Cyberactivesites, LLC., an integrated web design and management service based in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Their website is located at http://www.cyberactivesites.com. E-mail: email@example.com
Image Management Associates is an independent public relations and business communications consulting firm based in New Albany, Ohio. IMA develops communication and public relations solutions for small to medium-sized businesses and professional practitioners, including legal and medical professionals, artists and entertainers, media figures, and organizations. For more information, visit their website at http://www.image-manage.com
Thomas Corbett, Publicist
Image Management Associates, LLC
P.O. Box 393
Arlington Heights, IL 60006